Skills Framework was launched as a part of the Industry Transformation Map (ITM) for various sectors in Singapore. One of its primary aims is to publicise career opportunities in the economy and prepare job seekers with the relevant skills needed for the jobs. Companies can benefit from the Skills Framework in the following ways:
- Profile of the industry sector is raised and visible to job seekers
- More prepared job seekers as they have prior knowledge of the job requirements
- Knowledge and ability statements can be used to support recruitment and selection
- Work standards can be defined to enforce consistent performance
- Strengths of employees can be identified and developed
- Improvement areas can be identified to close the gap
- Career progression paths can be created to motivate and sustain employment
What can EON do for you?
EON is one of the few consultants at this time to have actual project experience in helping companies make use of the Skills Framework in their HR systems.
Our consultants can assist you to deploy Skills Framework into your various HR processes including recruitment and selection, onboarding, performance management, learning and development, on-the-job training schemes, supervisory and management development schemes and career management.
With Skills Framework, the development of competency matrices and dictionary will be very efficient and effective.
Are there any specific examples?
Some of the examples on how companies adopt Skills Framework include the following:
- Enhancing and updating job descriptions and specifications
- Developing competency-based interview questions
- Setting criteria for the onboarding training plan
- Setting criteria for performance management and appraisal
- Establishing the basis and criteria for on-the-job coaching
- Developing the learning road map to support learning needs analysis
- Establishing criteria for career progression so that plans can be developed
- Preparing employees for promotion
How long does a project take?
A project of one area typically takes one to three months to complete, depending on the size of the company and the number of jobs to work on.
Are there any grants that can defray the cost?
Come speak with us so that we can advise you on what type of government grants are available.